Date: Friday, February 22, 2019
Time: 12:30-2:00 pm
Location: Hamilton Hotel, 1001 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20005
Citizenship Required: Open to all students
Fletcher Facilitators: Caroline Hedberg, Audrey DaDalt
Additional meeting instructions: Please check the monitors in the lobby for the room location upon arrival. The ballroom is located on the lower level of the hotel, stairs located in the hotel lobby.
Please note that we cannot bring any food into the meeting space, so please plan to eat before or after this panel discussion. So sorry!
- Mehlika Hoodbhoy (F’94) (MODERATOR) Senior Advisor/Team Leader , USAID Bureau of Policy, Planning and Learning | Bio |
- Maria Coor | Partner | BakerHostetler’s | Bio |
- Anna Mecagni | Senior Director of Program Design and Development | Women for Women International | Bio |
- Amy Coletta Kirshner | Acting Director of the Office of Africa and Middle East in the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) | Department of State | Bio |
- Sarah Wagner | Associate Professor of Anthropology | Geroge Washington University | Bio |
- Filipa Jorge| Principal| The Scowcroft Group | Bio |
- Erin Nicholson | Acting Executive Director , U.S. Global Development Lab| USAID| Bio |
- Kate Howard | International Development Consultant| Seewald Consulting | Bio |
Additional Information: Each year Fletcher women alumni create a wonderful discussion on careers across varied sectors. These are some of the potential topics they will be sharing during the 2019 panel discussion:
– Finding a worthwhile internship / first jobs out of grad school
– Advocating for yourself in the workplace
– Salary negotiation and career progress
– Dealing with discrimination and/or harassment in the workplace
– Breaking into male-dominated fields
– Influencing upward – getting more women into upper management
– Work/life balance when you have a family and when you don’t.